11.26.2007

Holiday To Do #4


Back in the day when I had two (high), four (undergrad), or six (graduate) weeks of school vacation, making a gingerbread house was one of my favorite holiday traditions. Mom and I made those suckers from scratch. Since those vacations are long gone, it's a good thing you can buy ready-to-assemble (or even already assembled) gingerbread houses that seriously cut down on the baking time (zero). Or just slap some graham crackers together with icing, and call it a day.
{images: martha stewart, red envelope}

7 comments:

a. said...

We tried once to make one and it was a disaster. Never again.

I love the mod one from Red Envelope!

Laura said...

I thought the modern one was really cute--definitely a new twist on the old Hansel and Gretel theme!

Things That Inspire said...

Great examples! I love your blog. It keeps getting better and better.

Brilliant Asylum said...

Oh my gosh--the mid century modern house is super cute. I have never seen that done before.

Laura said...

Things that inspire--thanks so much for the sweet compliment!

amber {daisy chain} said...

oh! we made one last year (it was from a kit) but it was such a fun rainy day project with my daughter. Thanks for reminding me!

Laura said...

Amber--I really think kits are the way to go! And I highly recommend a hair dryer to expedite the icing drying process!